STEP INITIATIVES - CARING FOR THE POOR
Project Site - Tipabre Village, Dok Pai District in Pankshin LGC of Plateau State
- No school or clinic
- They worship stones to seek for divine intervention to problems
- January 2009, commenced teaching the young children on how to read and write in the village free of charge.
- Got volunteer, giving him N5,000/month ($33)
- Got some few textbooks and other writing materials
- Project well received by people in the village
No learning Center - using this structure a Church, built by Salvation Universal Call of Hope Ministry
These children have no access to education
- We laid emphasis mostly on advocacy and preventive measures
- Use of condoms
- HIV Counselling and Testing (HCT)
- Identify Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC)
- They need help.
ALCOHOLICS AND DRUG ADDICTS
- Took an army officer to Our Lady of Victory Rehabilitation Center – who was terribly into drinking strong alcoholics
- Left work for over six years
- Paid for his staying there N40,000 ($263)
- Accommodated him in my house for his final rehabilitation
- Resume work January 18, 2011 planning to marry
- Met with the Chief and prominent members of the community
- Held public meetings
- Assessed their problems by asking the questions and their responses.
- It was discovered that the high rate of illiteracy is the root cause of conflict.
- Picture of Jos Crisis, January 17, 2010